Sunday 18 November 2012

Tilia_1





reiner_linde

(The name refers to the name of my yamdori-companion Reiner, who is also a bold and pleasent creature :-)) ).
Reiner and me made oure yamadori hunt in late march this year.
The aim was to get some of these linden.
Thanks alot, that I got the permission for collecting from the custodian of the small forest!
Thank you Mister B. !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Later that year the tree was infected by a fungus (Nectria cinnabarina) so I decided to do some thoroughly carving in order to get rid of the fungus.
Too bad! Carving was not scheduled for this tree.
Hmm ..., my current display site seems to be too humid.
'Going to change that next spring ...
I made some basic designing this winter, because in spite of the fungus, the tree was very vigorous.
Tilia-species are very tough.
Pictures will be shown in the next postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment