Thursday 16 November 2023

it_had_been_a_gift

 ... as raw-material of course.

Two years ago i visited a nursery in a suburb of my home-town. 

A small Taxus baccata laid aside a road on the nursery-yard, wich had obviously been run over by a 

tractor or such. The little tree was in a very poor state, but i thought, what a pitty, one should try to

develop something out of almost less than nothing.

As i asked the manager to buy this unlucky specimen, he looked at me in the most  compassionated

way and said : "Well Sir, its a gift ... ."

Maybe this man considered me for being an absolut mad-man (or rather an utter fool), but anyway, 

here I go with my Taxus.

Formerly the yew had two stems and a whole lot more branches but most of them were broken.

So I decided to go for a very reduced design from scratch.







No comments:

Post a Comment